Peanut Butter Knife

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Why I Love Snowboarders

I can't say I ever was a big snowboarding fan before this year. But watching the winter games, I have to say that I'm hooked. What appeals to me is the snowboarders sense of fun. Athletes often take themselves way too seriously, I think I'll rip my ears out the next time some jock spits out a cliched quote about "giving it 110%" and "taking it one game at a time".

That's why Lindsey Jacobellis is my new heroine:

"I was caught up in the moment," she said. "I think every now and then you might see something like that. I didn't even think twice.

"I was having fun," she added. "Snowboarding is fun. I was ahead. I wanted to share with the crowd my enthusiasm. I messed up. Oh well, it happens."


Now that's keeping it in perspective!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home