Peanut Butter Knife

Monday, November 06, 2006

Election Predictions

I realize I've been MIA for much of the season and so, probably no one will be reading this. For posterity's sake however, here are my predictions for tomorrow:

Gov:

Strickland 58
Blackwell 39
Others 3

Senate:

Brown 53
DeWine 47

AG:

Dann 51
Montgomery 49

SoS:

Brunner 53
Hartman 46
Others 1

Auditor:

Sykes 52
Taylor 48

Treasurer:

Cordray 60
O'Brien 40
--I know a lot of others are predicting that this will be closer. Still, I think a lot of moderate Republicans are going to be looking to punish their own party for purging Bradley (who might have won this) in favor of an unfunded wingnut with little concept of what the state treasurer does.

Other local races: Sutton blows out Foltin 58-42, LaTourette beats Katz 56-44; Brian Williams beats Cousineau but narrowly, 51-49; Coughlin beats Hanna narrowly as well 52-48 (this will be the saddest result locally). Issue 6 wins 52-48. Downstate; Kilroy, Space, Wulsin and Cranley all win though the last two will be very very close).

Nationally, I see Casey, Whitehouse (in a nailbiter), and Tester (again, razor thin) all winning. I won't make any predictions about VA, but that might be the most dramatic national race to follow tomorrow night.

CT:

Lieberman: 48
Lamont: 43
Schlesinger: 9

If Webb wins in VA, that makes Lieberman something akin to a king, a very unpleasant thought indeed.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Kyle said…

    Looking back on the Lieberman primary, we needed him to lose to give Democrats across the country confidence to question the war in Iraq in an election season. Hopefully Lieberman learned his lesson and will be a good Democrat going forward.

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger 54cermak said…

    I agree. I don't think we should have done anything differently in the CT primary. My feeling is that Lieberman will continue to be a pain in the ass, but as long as he's our pain in the ass, I can live with it.

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello,

    People are talking about politics.Whatever happens they will collect their paycheck in the end of the month.
    In Ancient Greece ,it was a method for dangerous politics.The method named exostracism.
    Many politicians would have quantiuties enough for export if this method will come alive.

    Sorry for my English it isn't my native language.
    Thank you

    Basil

     

Post a Comment

<< Home